LATIN PARADE 2022 SUNDAY, OCTOBER 9, 11:00 AM FROM ST JOSEPH ST, TO YONGE ST, TO DUNDAS SQUARE CALL FOR ENTRIES / DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 15, 2022
PARADE RULES & INFORMATION
1. All entries have to report to the registration booth located in front of 95 St Joseph St, East entrance. Identify your organization/group and you will be given a number with a corresponding position in the parade.
2. All entries must be decorated (floats, people in costumes, etc.) The only exception to this is entries that are unique (antique cars, horse and buggies, etc.).
3. All entries must be checked by 8:00 AM
4. For safety reasons, absolutely nothing whatsoever is to be thrown or sprayed from any unit. Candy and content- appropriate swag material may only be distributed directly by walkers hand-to-hand (no throwing or tossing) along the street side perimeters of the parade route.
5. Community entries registration fee will be $100 and commercial and others entries registration fee will be $200.00. Please make your check payable to Hispanic Canadian Heritage Council.
6. Units sponsored by or depicting a controversial issue will not, in the sole discretion of the HCHC, be permitted in the parade.
7. All dog and/or equestrian/horse units must provide a clean-up crew.
8. All equestrian/horse units must provide a certificate of general liability insurance confirming coverage of no less than $2,000,000.00, wherein the City of Toronto is named as additional insured partie.
9. The HCHC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to require any other entries to provide general liability insurance coverage.
10. We reserve the right to reject or remove any unit that is not in good taste, not adequately decorated, nor in the best interest of the Latin Parade as solely determined by the HCHC Parade Committee.
11. A violation of these rules mean that you will be excused from the parade at the next intersection, and you will not be invited to future parades.
12. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION HERE:
Please send your application to
HCHC: 95 St Joseph St, Suite 220
Toronto, ON, M5S 3C2
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org